Terms and conditions
- Consultation - The initial consultation is free of charge within a 10 mile radius of GU46 6BB, with no obligation. This consultation is normally used to understand client requirements, agree the scope of the work, provide design advice and take accurate window measurements to be able to provide bespoke products. If the client provides the required measurements, then all items subsequently made will be done so in accordance with them. Grasshoppers Interiors can take no responsibility for any mistakes arising from inaccurate measuring by the Client. Such errors may be rectified, but this will be at an additional cost to the customer.
- Estimate - A written estimate is provided which details the cost of each item to be provided - valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
- Deposit - A non-returnable deposit of 50% of the confirmed estimate is required to secure your order. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to Grasshoppers Interiors. Work can only start once cleared payment is received. All orders are unique therefore be aware that this deposit is non-returnable as it will be used to order supplies specific to your job requirements. On large orders, where work is completed over a number of weeks a further stage payment may be requested.
- Fixtures and Fitting – Grasshoppers Interiors is unable to undertake the fitting of tracks and poles. On request we can recommend an independent professional fitting service. The contract for the work, and payment, is made directly with the fitter. Grasshoppers Interiors can take no responsibility for any damage to property during or after the attachment of fixtures or fittings by either the Client or a contracted fitter.
- Child Safety - Regulations specify that blinds are supplied with child safety devices, regardless of location and whether children are present. All our Roman/roller blinds are supplied with child safety fittings/devices to meet these requirements. Should the Client refuse the fitting of safety devices, or remove safety devices after delivery/installation, Grasshoppers Interiors takes no responsibility for injury or fatality suffered as a result.
- Lead time - Turnaround time is normally around 6 weeks from deposit being received (unless otherwise agreed). However please be aware most products are bespoke and the turnaround times can vary.
- Completion - Please note that once your items have been completed, we will contact you to make arrangements to deliver/fit them as necessary. We do not have the capacity to store items on our premises so please place orders with a view to being able to take delivery on completion.
- Delivery/Installation - We do like to ensure that bespoke products are installed to look their best. We therefore usually arrange to hang and dress your soft furnishings at no extra charge. We are also confident that you'll be very happy with the quality of your purchase but in the event that you're not we will always work very hard to resolve any problems. Any issues relating to the quality of manufacture or faults with the fabric should be notified with 14 days of delivery/installation.
- Final payment - At the end of the work a written invoice is provided which details each item, the overall amount of the job, any deposit or interim payments already received and the final balance to be paid. Final payment is due upon collection or delivery/installation of the final completed item(s) - that is upon presentation of invoice. All goods remain the property of Grasshoppers Interiors until payment is received in full.
- After care - All fabrics should be handled with care. Advice for their suitability for washing / dry cleaning can be sought from the fabric supplier. However, when a combination of fabrics have been used (for example where lined curtains have been made, or where trimmings have been applied) rates of shrinkage between fabrics may differ causing the item in question to be pulled out of shape. Grasshoppers Interiors suggests that ALL fabrics be treated as dry clean only unless otherwise stated. In cases where interlining has been used, even dry cleaning may not be possible, and it is recommended that cleaning is done by means of gentle vacuuming. Once within its intended destination Grasshoppers Interiors can take no responsibility for fabric shrinkage, misshaping, staining or discolouration due to factors such as high humidity, inadequate ventilation, improper cleaning, mishandling, exposure to water or sunlight, insect infestation or general wear and tear.
With a little care your new soft furnishings should
provide many years of comfort and joy!
provide many years of comfort and joy!